The health and safety of our staff, members, family and community are our number one priority.
In response to the worldwide Covid-19 outbreak and the concern it poses to everyone’s health and well-being, our entire staff will be implementing best practices which will still allow us to do our jobs safely and help keep our communities safe. Our events, gatherings and workshops scheduled through May will be cancelled or postponed until further notice. We have some amazing events and trips planned for the near future. We need to wait until this situation passes to resume these, as we want everyone to be safe and healthy. Here are updates on our upcoming events and projects:
- The Purjue Canyon BSU work party scheduled for March 20-24 is cancelled.
- The REI Trail Masters Series: Trail Running Resources, scheduled for March 25th has been postponed.
- The Hell’s Canyon-Bernard Creek Weeklong scheduled for April 5-11 has been postponed. We are hoping to reschedule this for later in the summer.
- English Point set for April 25 will be rescheduled.
- Sheep Creek set for April 26-May 2 will be rescheduled.
- Crew Leader College in Northern Idaho set for May 1-3 will be rescheduled.
The Trail Masters series event Backcountry cooking scheduled for April 29 at REI in Boise will still be scheduled in hopes things ae back to normal. Other events are still going to remain on the schedule until further notice. We are following the recommendations of the WHO and local Health Department to make decisions on the latest recommendations. We will need you, our members and supporters, to help us and each other make sound and informed decisions. If we all do our part, we will make a difference.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Idaho Trails Association
P.S. I know there is a lot of information out there; for the most current information on COVID-19, including government health guidelines. I encourage you to visit cdc.gov, internationalsos.com, and who.int.
Leave A Comment