Idaho Trails Association’s 2023 Membership Drive is kicks off on Giving Tuesday and goes through the end of the year. Check out our campaign page here.
As a member, you play a part in preserving trails and keeping public lands accessible for years to come. Your gift goes towards tools for our volunteer maintenance projects, transporting volunteers to remote trail projects, funding special programs for youth, women, and veterans, and supporting trail education efforts. Your donation directly funds ITA’s goals:
- Care-taking of Idaho’s hiking trails through stewardship projects and maintenance. This year alone, ITA volunteers spent a total of 13,262 hours completing 74 projects across the state to help keep Idaho’s hiking trails open for all!
- Education on Idaho’s unique trail resources. ITA looks for ways to educate the public about the stewardship of our recreation areas and following Leave No Trace principles to keep them beautiful for future generations.
- Advocacy of Idaho’s hiking trails. As the voice for Idaho’s hiking community, ITA works to conserve trails and keep public lands public.
- Preservation of traditional trail maintenance skills. Crew leaders teach volunteers trail maintenance and repair using traditional tools. They develop skills essential to keeping trails open in the front and backcountry.
This year, our volunteer crews came together to clear 293 miles of trails, a new record for ITA! It is amazing what can happen when people work together. We are already planning projects for 2024. More than ever, we need the support of friends like you to make our next season a success. We’re grateful for every one of you who volunteers on trail projects, supports ITA through your membership, and lends your voice to our mission.
Our members are a vital part of keeping trails open across the state. We literally couldn’t do this work without your support. We hope you will consider joining us during our Annual Membership Drive as we look forward to another year of keeping Idaho’s hiking trails open for all!
Other reasons to give:
- Every $30 donated gets you an entry ($60 donated=2 entries, etc.) for an overnight stay at Mountain Village Resort in Stanley, a custom backpacking trip plan with Michael Lanza of The Big Outside, an epic spot on an ITA project of your choice, one night at Sun Valley Mountain Huts, tickets to Bogus Basin Ski Resort, and an ITA swag bundle.
- Members get the first chance to sign up for volunteer trail projects when our schedule comes out in the spring. We have all kinds of awesome trips: jet-boat, fly-in, send-your-backpack-in-on-a-mule projects that fill up fast!
- Give $100 or more during our drive and we’ll send you our hot-off-the-press 2024 wall calendar as a thank you! Enjoy 12 months of outdoor bliss featuring our best photos from 2023 trail projects.
- Give the gift of beautiful trails: a gift membership is a great way to support Idaho’s trails while also giving the benefits of being an ITA member! We will create a membership packet that you can opt to have mailed directly or receive yourself to give to the gift recipient. Learn more here.